I am an associate professor in the Information Systems group at Eindhoven University of Technology. My research focuses on digital health platforms. Besides that, I manage the program of health data science within the Eindhoven Artificial Intelligence Systems Institute (EAISI). In 2018, I had a part-time appointment at Utrecht University of Applied Sciences with the aim to aid game companies in managing data of children responsibly.
You can read about my research papers, research software, and community services on separate pages. I also give talks to audiences outside my scientific comfort zone. An overview of such talks can be found below.
- “Considerations for longitudinal monitoring on commodity-level smartwatches”, 6th Translational Cardiovascular Research Meeting – 23-24 June 2022, organized by NLHI–DCVA.
- Webinar ZORGeloos Data Delen (June 10th, 2021): online session for the top management of Dutch care institutions. Organized by MindLabs, Slimmer Leven, Care Innovation Center, and the Province of Brabant.
- Yearly congress of the Cardiovasculaire Onderwijs Instituut (CVOI), (Utrecht, 27/9/2019), targeting cardiologists and cardiologists in training.
- “Health Games die inspelen op opportuniteiten in de lokale omgeving” – Nederlands Congres Volksgezondheid 2019 (ncvgz.nl, RIVM track)
- “Fun & Healthy for All: GameBus 2015-2022” – Congres Cardiovasculaire Preventie & Hartrevalidatie (March 23th 2018, Ede, addressing an audience of 300+ medical professionals)
- Unified Health Gamification: A Success Story from Flanders (3-10-2017, Games for Health Europe)
- “Towards Unified Health Gamification” – Pecha Kucha at Health Valley (March 9th, 2017) for a few hundred attendees in Cinémec Utrecht.
- “GameBus as an engaging data platform for health promotion technologies” (24-9-2018, Keynote at the Vitality Pitch Stop sessions in the Vitality Living Lab project)
- “GameBus: Social Health Games” (Health Tech Event 2015 and Bliksem en donderdag Brokerage event)
- Pecha Kucha talk: “A novel platform and business model for Personal Health Data” (13-03-2014, HealthValley 2014, Nijmegen)